This is a project that we are proud to host by the late master turner Neil Scobie.
Select good timber: close grain, no defects.
Get the shape right: 1 to 1.6. Use a chain.
- Turn between centers.
- Drill with round end speed bore drill.
- Turn out inside to 6mm wall thickness.
- Draw the design on, use a 5b pencil.
- Rough out the shape with Proxxon, or…
- Pierce the holes with a 3mm diameter.
- Sand the carved area with a small soft sander.
- Sand the holes with strips of cloth abrasive.
- Use gouges if you wish to create a carved area.
Facebook Comments Box